It’s been a very long time since my last post. It’s not that I haven’t been reading — that never stops — but I guess couldn’t get myself to write. But here I am now to talk about one of my all time favorite series The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson.
In anticipation for the release of the third book, Oathbringer, I have been rereading the first two books of the series for the past couple of months to get ready for the release date… which is today!
I don’t really reread books, but I felt I needed to do so for this series. And I am glad I did. I realized that I missed details in my first read that are vital for the main story line. And above all, I enjoyed them so much!
When I first read these books, I did so in ebook format, but because I didn’t have much time left to read before the release date I decided to get “Words of Radiance” in audio format (to make sure I finish it before today, which I managed just yesterday, yay!). And I have to admit, the audiobook was awesome! The narrators Micheal Kramer and Kate Reading (who I found out were husband and wife) did an amazing job with the characters, they brought the book to life. Which is why I pre-ordered my Oathbringer copy in audio which hasn’t been released yet as of my writing this post (don’t know why, but I’ll keep checking).
If you haven’t checked these books out yet, I can’t express enough and tell you that you should go get them! Each book is 1100+ pages so it’ll be a long and highly entertaining ride. You will get excellent world building, intriguing magical systems, well defined characters and plots that will leave you on the edge of your seats.
Let me go check if it’s downloading!
Yes, unfortunately we have another delay in the book release of one of my favorites series “The Gentleman Bastard Series” by Scott Lynch. The author posted an official statement through the Gollancz website indicating that the September 2016 release of the fourth book will not happen due to personal matters. I like the fact that this author communicates with the us as honestly as he does and keeps us well informed. I was really excited about getting the book next month, but I understand.
So far, no new official release date has been announced, but I noticed on Goodreads that it is expected sometime in April 2017. I hope the official date will be sooner than that!
Finally and after several delays and a lot of waiting it seems we’ll be getting the fourth book in the Gentleman Bastard series sometime this coming September!
The British publisher Gollancz announced yesterday on Twitter that The Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch will be released in September to coincide with the author’s appearance at Fantasy Con happening in the same month. The author also confirmed on Twitter after that, so it seems this new release date is final. Can’t wait!
A new trailer for the Alice Through the Looking Glass movie was released yesterday. This is the sequel to the Alice in Wonderland movie that was out in 2010. From both trailers it looks like it’s going to be a very interesting movie. Can’t wait to see it!
If you missed the first trailer then you can check it out here .
Just read some sad news on Scott Lynch’s blog. According to his latest post here , the author announced that the release date of the fourth book of one of my favorite series “The Gentleman Bastard Series” has been postponed til 2016 due to health issues. No specific date was announced but we can wait. Get well soon Scott!
I thought I’d share a bunch of interesting books in the fantasy and sci-fi genre that have been recently released. I have added links for each book that will take you to their Goodreads profile.
- The Mermaid’s Sister by Carrie Ann Noble. It received the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. This books talk about a sixteen-year-old Clara lives with her sister, Maren, and guardian Auntie and then one day, Clara discovers shimmering scales just beneath her sister’s skin.
- Skin Game: A Novel of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. This is the 15th book in the Dresden Files series ( I have only read the first one Storm Front so far). It was published in paperback this month.
- The Legacy Human by Susan Kaye Quinn. This is the first book in the Singularity series and was published in paperback last month. I like the cover of the book and the story line seems very interesting.
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson: this is book 2 of the Stormlight Archive series. I have read this one and it will have its own blog post so I won’t say much about it (only that it is awesome!). It was released in mass paperback this month.
- A Blink of the Screen: Collected Short Fiction by Terry Pratchett. This book is a collection of short fiction from Terry Pratchett, spanning the whole of his writing career from schooldays to Discworld and the present day.
From the list, I have read only “The Words of Radiance”. If you have read any of the above books then would love to hear what you thought about them.