Ready Player One by Clive Ernest is one of those fun books that grabs your attention until the very end. I listened to it in audio based on the high reviews on Audible. I don’t read many books from this genre very often but reading this one made me realize that there are so many books that I am missing out on and should start to check out.
Ready Player One is set in the near future 2045 and follows the story of a guy named Wade Watts and his Avatar Parzival in the hunt to find the Easter egg in the online virtual reality called the Oasis.
What I liked about the book:
- The references to the 80’s decade especially the music (my favorite decade in music so it was fun to see some songs mentioned). The 80’s decade in video games is something I am not familiar with, but I was able to imagine them better after googling and seeing what they look like.
- I like when technology is used in the future to do things we still can’t do nowadays.
- Story is fast paced and easy to follow. (I think even non-tech savvy people can follow easily).
- The story has a lot of action and video gaming (even though I’m not a gamer, I found it fun).
- Wil Wheaton’s narration was excellent and made listening to it a lot of fun.
If you are into video games, computer software and the 80’s then I think you’ll love this book.